Do you struggle with finding great images for your website and social media? Are you finding that stock images just don't portray you and your brand the way you want? Visual marketing has come a long way in the past few years and viewers expect to see professional looking images on a website now. If you are blogging or adding imges on your social media platform, here are some tips to improve them.
1. Think about your background. For mobile phone pictures as well as behind the scenes videos, your background is as important as your subject. Often it only takes a slight shift in position to improve it.
2. Always have good lighting! Here is an experiment. Take a selfie with your cell phone facing away from a window then turn around, face the window and take another. Can you see the difference? Here is mine.
3. If you are having a professional photographer take your headshot (I call it personal branding because it is more than a headshot now!) make sure to discuss how you want to be seen. Ask them for advice. Find out what clothing will suit you and your brand, what location is best, and most importantly, tell them how you want to be portrayed.
4. Think about the images on your website and social media as a package, they all need to be consistant. Not necessarliy the same but they need to reflect who you and your business are.
5. Try using an editor like Snapseed. There are tools and filters you can use to make some big improvements in your images.
I invite you to a free phone call or consulting session with me to discuss your personal branding. There is no obligation.